Diese Seite verwendet technisch notwendige Cookies, die ohne Ihre Einwilligung gesetzt werden.
Außerdem möchten wir das „Matomo Cookie“ und „Adobe Analytics“ zur statistischen Analyse des Datenaufkommens verwenden. Mit Klick auf „Bestätigen“ willigen Sie in das Setzen des Matomo Cookies und in Adobe Analytics ein. Weitere Informationen finden Sie in den Datenschutzhinweisen.
Ablehnen Bestätigen
Gelöschter Nutzer

Auto insurance with non-German Driving License

Dear Sir/madam,

(Apologies for writing in English, but my German is still not that good)

I recently moved to Germany from USA - South Carolina (this state has full reciprocity with Germany for exchanging driver licenses) and I am trying to register a car for the first time in Germany. I was told that I need an evb number which I can get from an insurance company like Allianz, but when I try to fill out the form online, it asks me for the date of the EU license. At the moment I am currently in the process of exchanging my USA license for a German one, but this will not be ready for some time still. Is it possible to start a new car insurance policy with my USA license just so that I can at least have an evb number and register the car?

Thank you very much

Richtige Antwort
  • Montag, 19.11.2018 um 13:59 Uhr
Hello ejm20b,

I'm happy to hear, that you are interested in a car insurance by Allianz.
As you already wrote it, you need the date of the EU license to get the eVB. I recommend you to make contact with an Allianz representative. He or she will help you getting a car insurance.

If you're looking for an Allianz representative you can go on our Website


Do you have any further questions?

Kind regards
Wie hilfreich finden Sie diese Antwort?